Hi! I’m Katie and this is my healthy lifestyle blog, KRHtoday. I started writing to keep myself honest about my goals of staying healthy and happy and its turned into a great outlet for thinking, writing and doing the things I love! I have you all to thank for that 🙂
Want to know more about me? here are some things you may or may not have known about me 🙂 Thanks for stopping by and happy reading!
- I recently graduated with my Phd from UVA and am now living and working in Baltimore with my (now) husband and two cats
2. I’ve been a vegetarian off and on for three years and made it an official way of life when I moved this summer. I love the challenge of creating fun recipes, that even a non-vegetarian will love. Lately I’ve been experimenting and leaning towards a Vegan diet since the beginning of March!
3. I’m a total sci-fi geek and have an unhealthy obsession with the Star Wars Saga and Sci-Fi author Orson Scott Card.
4. I can easily escape into a book and not come out until its finished. I collect Pride & Prejudice novels and read the story once a year, but only ever read the first copy I bought.
5. Before October 16th, I couldn’t run more than a mile at a time without stopping to walk. Since then I’ve run 3 races and have increased my speed and pace. I also love to get out on the trails to hike or bike.
6. I scream at sports on TV more than my husband does.
7. I’m really into the idea of “the way things used to be” and have a love affair with the good ol’ days
8. I have a sewing machine, but don’t know how to use it….yet
9. I have a lot of goals, lists and “to do” piles. I don’t want to be the person who never gets those things done
10. Weight training is one of my favorite ways to workout
11. I could spend hours perusing personal style blogs and secretly wish I had the guts (and style) to run my own. Guilty Pleasure. 🙂
12. I love to smile and always try to find the positive in the situation.
13. I’m incredibly shy and have been trying my hardest to break out of the cycle with networking, meeting new people and group gym classes.
14. I’m a nutrition fact nut and love to learn. My latest adventure is reading through an old Cooking text book and teaching myself!
15. I’m a creature of habit and enjoy the simple pleasures. A beer on Friday night, a chocolate chip scone and that feeling where you’re just full enough, but not overly so.
I’d love to get to know you so feel free to email me (firstname.lastname@example.org), or drop a line. Feel free to leave comments, I’ll try my hardest to get back to you, and you can always follow me on twitter!
I hope you stay awhile and join me each day for a glimpse into how i’m trying to live my life, healthy and happy, one day at a time 🙂